On Monday 09 June 2008 10:47:45 Eelco Hillenius wrote:
> > IMHO they cannot be easily used together at the moment.
>
> Hmmm, interesting. My only experience with Groovy is years ago, and
> back then we abandoned and switched to PNuts (which I guess should
> work with Wicket as well) due to Groovy's immaturity back then.
>
> Dima, are these problems hard to overcome in your opinion? And did you
> look at other dynamic languages with Wicket by any chance?

I wouldn't say the problems are hard but they are not easy either. When I
attempted to implement some kind of my own wicketbuilder, the problems boiled
down to making closures serializable and creating wrappers for wicket classes
to make them use closures instead of anonymous classes. Unfortunately I
switched from it to other things.

I haven't looked at other dynamic languages. May be I should try jruby.

Dima