Almost 3 years of hard work, loosing friends, moving abroad, marrying
lovely wives, late nights, early mornings, frustrated family, and all
other bad (and good) things that cross one's life is now rewarded with
the availability of the e-book edition of Wicket in Action. The print
edition (also know as dead-tree edition) will be available in just
over 2 weeks (estimated at Aug 29th).

Eelco and I are *really*, *really* glad that the journey is finally
over. We think it was worth it. Now we leave the book in your capable
hands to make beautiful applications that make your boss and customers
happy and we are sure you'll enjoy creating them.

Eelco Hillenius & Martijn Dashorst

About Wicket in Action

Wicket in Action is a comprehensive guide for Java developers building
Wicket-based web applications. It introduces Wicket's structure and
components, and moves quickly into examples of Wicket at work. Written
by core committers, this book shows you the "how-to" and the "why" of
Wicket. You'll learn to use and customize Wicket components, to
interact with Spring and Hibernate, and to implement rich Ajax-driven
features.

Some quotes of early access reviewers:

"Finally, the Web Framework of web framework, Apache Wicket, now has a
bible of its own." - Per Ejeklint

"Without question, Wicket in Action... is the be-all and end-all when
it comes to Wicket." - Geertjan Wielenga

"Wicket In Action glues the areas of web development with Apache
Wicket together and gives a great overview of Apache Wicket...it will
make a great compendium." - Nino Martinez Wael

You can read full reviews here:
 - Nick Heudecker: Wicket In Action Book Review
   http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=50326

 - Geertjan Wielenga: Wicket in Action: Undoubtedly The Wicket Bible
   http://blogs.sun.com/geertjan/entry/wicket_in_action_undoubtedly_the

Free content

If you don't think these reviewers are qualified to tell you to buy
Wicket in Action, let these free samples convince you:

 * Chapter 1: http://www.manning.com/dashorst/ch01_dashorst.pdf
 * Chapter 8: http://www.manning.com/dashorst/ch08_dashorst.pdf
 * Excerpt: Creating Secure Web Applications with Apache Wicket
(http://www.manning.com/free/excerpt_Wicket.html)

MEAP readers

If you bought the MEAP edition you'll receive a personal download link
for the final e-book in your inbox today (or possibly tomorrow). We'd
like to extend our gratitude to the MEAP readers - without you and
your encouragements we would've given up.

Limited summer discount

There is a 35% discount when you buy Wicket in Action at the manning
website before the end of August. For more details look here:
http://manning.com/dashorst