I vote for such a document, too. I am now trying to reduce my session size too, and if I could find some hints somewhere (ie, "be extremly carefull with anonymous subclasses", etc) it may be a big plus.

jhp a écrit :
Removing references pointing to previous pages solved a lot, very good point.
Also making sure that individual domain objects don't get stored to session
makes  a difference. I have still a lot of code to go through to make sure
that all unnecessary references don't get stored to session, but making a
few changes in the most important pages makes already a big difference.

I noticed that this is a problem that others have experienced too. I guess
it is pretty easy unintentionally stuff the session with domain objects ,and
if using modern day persistence framework, those domain objects can be quite
large if they have collections etc.

I think there is a need for small document outlining the common pitfalls and
remedies for them. I haven't seen such. Wicket reference of course tells
about LoadableDetachableModel, but this thread has info that I haven't found
anywhere else. I might try compose such a document, if I just have the time
and energy in the near future.

Thanks to Martijn, Johan and John for your responses!

BR,
Jukka