I am not sure if it always applicable, but usually I do not do
"implements Serializable" for domain objects (it works well with
Hibernated POJOs). In this case the Wicket cannot serialize a
component, and if it was a link to any such object - wicket just
reports about it into log, so you can see right away which component
has tried to "steal" a reference to an object (like in your situation
with inner class).

2008/11/26 jhp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Removing references pointing to previous pages solved a lot, very good point.
> Also making sure that individual domain objects don't get stored to session
> makes  a difference. I have still a lot of code to go through to make sure
> that all unnecessary references don't get stored to session, but making a
> few changes in the most important pages makes already a big difference.
>
> I noticed that this is a problem that others have experienced too. I guess
> it is pretty easy unintentionally stuff the session with domain objects ,and
> if using modern day persistence framework, those domain objects can be quite
> large if they have collections etc.
>
> I think there is a need for small document outlining the common pitfalls and
> remedies for them. I haven't seen such. Wicket reference of course tells
> about LoadableDetachableModel, but this thread has info that I haven't found
> anywhere else. I might try compose such a document, if I just have the time
> and energy in the near future.
>
> Thanks to Martijn, Johan and John for your responses!
>
> BR,
> Jukka
>

> Martijn Dashorst wrote:
>>
>> With Wicket 1.3 only one page should be stored in session. You should
>> check if you don't keep references between pages -> that would result
>> in 1+N pages (with N being the number of pages you reference in your
>> page).
>>
>> Other than that: using LDM's and DataView/DataProvider instead of
>> ListView will help considerably.
>>
>> Martijn

WBR, kan.