martijn, banning policies are issued by repository owners. i don't
know which repo you're referring to as "the maven repository".
central? apache?

i suggested setting up or reusing a repo that would be mainly for
wicket components, and owned by the project/ community. advantages:

 - we simply don't ban wickethub's crawler
 - we provide guidelines for wicket developers to easily publish their
artifacts (and possibly check if metadata is present, etc)

as for the rest ('non-compliant'), that would be maintained manually
so no crawling involved.

francisco