We figured out something very interesting with the default URL coding
strategy's that Wicket uses when using mobile phones / devices.

We run a fairly heavily trafficked mobile site, and having been using
CryptedUrlWebRequestCodingStrategy for sometime.  While attempting to debug
some page timeout issues we switched to UrlCompressingWebCodingStrategy and
we started getting compaints from users that they were getting HTTP error
400's.

We were able to repeat the error locally, it happened only when using some
specific phones and mobile browsers.  Specifically on the Motorola V3
(useragent: MOT-V3re/0E.40.29R MIB/2.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0
Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0) and other UP.Link
browser moble phones.  We noticed that when the user got the 400 error there
was nothing in our tomcat logs, or even in our apache logs.

Switching to standard WebRequestCodingStrategy had the same issue.  I
suspect that there are some characters in the form submit url ( :'s ?) that
this crappy browser can't figure out to post to.  Swiching back to
CryptedUrlWebRequestCodingStrategy fixed the problem.

We tested this on several other handsets that we have available and can
confirm that it breaks all form submits.

This is a some what obsecure case, and perhaps irrelvant if you don't run a
mobile site, but we saw our number's drop by about 20% - 50% until we
figured this out.

Hope this helps someone else.

Jeremy

--