I'm having exactly the same problem after moving from 1.4-rc1 -> 1.4-rc2

Here's the extract from my properties file TaxiBookingPage.xml.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE properties SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/properties.dtd";>
<properties>
    <entry key="generalDetails.numberOfVehiclesRequired.Required">You must
enter the number of vehicles</entry>
    .. snip ..
</properties>

RC1
========================
The key "generalDetails.numberOfVehiclesRequired.Required" is found
immediately and the appropriate message retrieved.

11:00:38.595 [http-8180-3]     DEBUG org.apache.wicket.Session - Getting
page [path = 4:taxiBookingForm, versionNumber = 0]
11:00:38.609 [http-8180-3]     DEBUG
org.apache.wicket.resource.loader.ComponentStringResourceLoader - Found
resource from: com/rp/webapp/taxi/TaxiBookingPage.; key:
generalDetails.numberOfVehiclesRequired.Required

RC2
========================
Does not attempt to look up
"generalDetails.numberOfVehiclesRequired.Required" but the key
"taxiBookingForm.numberOfVehiclesContainer.numberOfVehiclesRequiredBorder.generalDetails.numberOfVehiclesRequired.Required"
which is not found.

10:47:47.902 [http-8180-1]     DEBUG org.apache.wicket.Localizer - Locate
property: key: 'Required'; Component: '[MarkupContainer [Component id =
generalDetails.numberOfVehiclesRequired]]'
10:47:47.903 [http-8180-1]     DEBUG
org.apache.wicket.resource.loader.ComponentStringResourceLoader - component:
'[MarkupContainer [Component id =
generalDetails.numberOfVehiclesRequired]]'; key: 'Required'
10:47:47.903 [http-8180-1]     DEBUG
org.apache.wicket.resource.loader.ComponentStringResourceLoader - key:
'taxiBookingForm.numberOfVehiclesContainer.numberOfVehiclesRequiredBorder.generalDetails.numberOfVehiclesRequired.Required';
class: 'com.rp.webapp.taxi.TaxiBookingPage'; locale: 'en_GB'; Style: 'null'
10:47:47.903 [http-8180-1]     DEBUG
org.apache.wicket.resource.loader.ComponentStringResourceLoader - Found
properties file: 'com/rp/webapp/taxi/TaxiBookingPage.' but it doesn't
contain the property

So it seems the lookup algorithm hasn't changed but the message key.

Is this a bug or should we now be using the full form-relative key as shown
above?