I love the use of the package structure to keep the file together,
However I don't think we're talking about moving the HTML to a different structure, they are all still in the same package (although I've come across cases where I *do* need it outside the package structure for political and/or functional reasons).

What we're talking about is putting the resource where a Maven user *expects* them.

As I said several posts ago, I don't think its "wrong" that they be in src/main/java even if they are not java, but it's not standard Maven and I don't want them there for that reason and other "sane" reasons that have already been mentioned (and likely a few not mentioned).

The archetype is a Maven archetype for generating a Wicket project stub in a Maven build environment. It's default operation should be to put resources where a Maven user expects them to be.

It should not be adding a bunch of crap to my build just so it can place its resources in src/main/java instead of src/main/resources... at least not without me telling it that I want to use a non-standard project structure.

Heck, I'd be happy if the option was at least there even if it was not the default option!

- Brill