Subbu,

Very good that somebody picks this up!

At this very high level pages and components are basically just parts of a component tree. A page is just the root of such a component tree. I would therefore recommend replacing the 'page' and 'component' icons by a single stack of 'component tree' icons.

The session store is not related to the loadable detachable models. Loading data is entirely the responsibility of the model implementation.

What is not clear from this image is that the responsibility to put/get the current page (component tree) in/from the session store lies with the RequestCycleProcessor, not the component tree itself.

Regards,
   Erik.

subbu_tce wrote:
Based on my understanding, i just prepared a diagram. Wicket Contributors.. Please review and let me know your valuable feedback. http://www.nabble.com/file/p22717793/wicket%2Barchitecture.jpg

Thanks,
Subbu.

jWeekend wrote:
Jeremy,

It's one of the first things I looked for when I first stumbled upon
Wicket 2 years ago, and it is a common request from many architects and
even some project managers evaluating Wicket.

If the core devs come up with some rough (but correct) sketch they're all
agreed on, even if it's just a first iteration, I'll get someone here to
create a professional (maybe even glossy) version from that.

Regards - Cemal http://jWeekend.com jWeekend

Jeremy Thomerson-5 wrote:
Has anyone done a nice Wicket architecture diagram?  I know about the
architecture chapter in WiA, but someone I know is looking for something
more along the lines of:

http://www.icesoft.com/developer_guides/icefaces/htmlguide/devguide/sys_architecture.html
http://www.ociweb.com/jnb/jsfArchitecture.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm no artist - so I can't help him much.  I was hoping
someone had already done something similar as part of a presentation
somewhere.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com