I've been experimenting a bit with Google App Engine and Wicket and things
seemed to work fairly well once I turned off the ModificationWatcher.
However, I realized that my simple tests were all stateless and that once
stateful, Wicket would use the DiskPageStore to write some files, which is
not allowed in the App Engine sandbox. Sure enough, once I added some
stateful pages, I started seeing exceptions related to the DiskPageStore.

I'm a neophyte when it comes to the deep down Wicket internals so I'm not
sure what my other options might be. In a post Matej  Knopp said, ""*
DiskPageStore*'s purpose is to store serialized pages on disk in order to
allow access to previous page versions and also to conserve session memory
usage." This leads me to believe that using the sassion for storing this
information isn't a preferred approach. What about the App Engine's
datastore (an abstration on BigTable)? That seems like it might be too slow
to adequately serve this need, but I'm not sure. A thread on
Wicket/Terracotta integration ended up with an alternative
"SecondLevelCacheSessionStore" but I'm not sure if that is only usable with
Terracotta or if it might might sense in other situations. Any other
options?

Also, looking forward, with the knoledge that writing giles and spawning new
threads are not allowed in the App Engine sandbox, are there any other items
I should be onl the lookout for in Wicket that might make it a poor choice
for this situation?

Matt