Both articles avoid the DiskPageStore problem by using the HttpSessionStore,
however if you do a search through the mailing list archives for
HttpSessionStore you'll find numerous references to problems in using it in
the long term and especially in a real, production application, so I don't
think that's a good long term solution, so my original question still
stands. Is there an alternative or is Wicket perhaps not well suited for use
in the App Engine.

Matt