+1 for that book but we are reaching beyond the scope of the question.

I would prefer that designers and programmers stepped on each others
toes all the time rather than working on separate branches. The former
is more agile.

/Per

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca> wrote:
> Heres another book for you.
> This is actually one of my favorites, particularly if you working with
> existing code.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Working-Effectively-Legacy-Robert-Martin/dp/0131177052
>

> - Brill Pappin
>

> On 29-Apr-09, at 4:11 PM, Dane Laverty wrote:
>
>> Thanks again to everyone for all the feedback. I'm reading through Design
>> Patterns and Wicket in Action, but I've never heard of Effective Java. The
>> Amazon reviews for that book are also amazing. I've got it ordered now and
>> am excited to see what it will bring.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Scott Swank <scott.sw...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I agree with Jeremy, that tech books are probably far more important
>>> than project management books for a first Java project.
>>>
>>> Basics
>>> -Effective Java, Joshua Block
>>> -Wicket in Action, Dashorst & Hillenius
>>> -one more on jdbc or hibernate or ibatis -- your persistence api
>>>
>>> Design (language agnostic)
>>> -Design Patterns, gang of four
>>> -Domain Driven Design, Eric Evans
>>>
>>> Advanced (as needed)
>>> -Java Concurrency in Practice, Goetz
>>> -NIO from O'Reilly
>>> -whatever...
>>>
>>> Scott

Varning! E-post till och från Sverige, eller som passerar
servrar i Sverige, avlyssnas av Försvarets Radioanstalt, FRA.

WARNING! E-mail to and from Sweden, or via servers in Sweden,
is monitored by the National Defence Radio Establishment.