That's for you to decide.  Typically it involves some kind of jump
page between the two applications that once you are signed in, it
sends the user to a page in the other app with a key (perhaps a UUID,
etc) that correlates to that user in the DB so that the other app can
automatically sign the user in.

The problem of course will be keeping session data in sync between the
two since they can't share the same object.  This typically means
persisting much of the session state to a database or memcache layer.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com