Hi,

wicket in php is a very cool idea. It occurred to me that we can start a
port the wicket to a php Framework.

I dont know a php-Framework with features like wicket have.  Many frameworks
works more like struts IMHO.

Maybe someone can help me, estimated the work of such porting of Wicket.
  - Model Concept
  - plain HTML and plain PHP
  - Server-side state

This could be very useful because you can run php on a little vserver or you
can handle much more Users on one server. This safes a lot of money at the
end. Understand me correctly, i like JAVA and Wicket on Java-plattform, but
php is very interesting to push little apps on small servers.

Any opinion to that ?

By the way, you can use the wicket include component to add php-pages to
wicket and from PHP you can use an iFrame or mount another page to the php
or write ajax-code which requests php-sites without statechange in wicket.

Martin