Yes, I know it is tricky, but the fact is I don't think I would really need
type conversion in this case.

I will try to explain myself. I have the following UI:

    |OPERATOR |V|

    |INPUT1="aBc"        |     |INPUT2="DeF"          |

...being "OPERATOR" the DropDownChoice, and both INPUT1 and INPUT2 two
TextFields (String TextFields, to be precise). Both INPUT1 and INPUT2 are
required (when they are visible, of course).

When I change the value on "OPERATOR", the UI will change, hiding INPUT1 and
INPUT2 but showing INPUT3, another TextField which should have the same
contents that were on INPUT1 before:

    |OPERATOR |V|

    |INPUT3="aBc"        |

The problem is that, when changing OPERATOR, I need to read the value from
INPUT1 to set it into INPUT3, but if INPUT2 is empty I will receive a
validation message telling me that it is required... which it is, but I just
want Wicket to validate that when I want to *really* submit the form, and
not now that I am only changing the operator.

Thanks.

Regards,
Daniel.