well, if you do not want to *submit* the form then dont use
ajaxformSUBMITbehavior :)

with little work you can roll your own behavior that does a simple
ajax get and appends whatever values you need from formcomponents to
the url. that way the form is not submitted and you have access to the
raw values.

-igor