Thanks for all the feedback.
I see that there is no "pure" solution by far, I have to try either
with Tomcat's virtual server's or with the RewriteRule.

Anton, I wish I could, but unfortunately, I've almost no spare time these days.
Also, I'm far from being a Wicket expert, you can clarify this by
looking up questions I've been asking in this list (:

sp