I've looked at it briefly. The main thing you need to keep in mind is
that it unfortunately is a limitation of Wicket that you can't have
references in Components that aren't serializable (unless you don't
care about back button support and turn of the second level session
cache, OR you plug in your own serialization support that doesn't need
classes to be serializable).

In this case though, you don't really need those members, right? All
the members are used in methods that are called during construction of
the panel, so why not just pass them through those methods (or if you
don't like that, make the members transient)?

Eelco