Hi James,

Thanks for the question.

In this case, yes. In other cases where I use IDataProvider, no.
I know that IDataProvider provides functionality for pagination which
I don't use here, that is why I ignored it.

I must admit I have a few issues with IDataProvider but I don't want
to distract from the original issue.

So I wonder, what is the situation with SerializableChecker
complaining about that volatile field not being Serializable. Is this
a bug or do I miss anything?

Should I use something else instead of IDataProvider?

I just want to retrieve a list from the database, display it in a
table while not having to deal with fake Serializable issues when I
remove the Serializable interface from the business object. I have to
do this to check the application for leaks of that business object
into the session.

Many thanks.

Bernard

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 23:29:02 -0500, you wrote:

>Are you always retrieving the entire list?

[snip]