Thanks Pierre.

Ok so a basic uPortal portlet doesn't need anything in web.xml. When you
deploy, as part of the spec it must be run through the Pluto Assembly which
writes the necessary config (also available as a Maven plugin which is what I
use). So you can just leave it empty and then it's automatically setup. You can
also hardcode it but it may change between specs so best to let it do its thing.

I'll run through it again with a simple portlet that I know works. The main
issue is providing the implementation of PortletResourceURLFactory and
ServletContextProvider. Portlet 1.0/uPortal doesn't seem to provide this
implementation so I need to provide it. Perhaps I'll backport it from Portlet
2.0 but I was sure someone had alredy accomplished this.

BTW, is Portlet 1.0 support still in Wicket 1.4 or only 1.3.x? I read that only
Portlet 2.0 was being supported for 1.4.

I'd still like to see the web.xml and portlet.xml for eXo if you can send?

Thanks,
Steve