I just reviewed the code Igor for the fix Igor implemented [1], and I
don't think
it will be a drop-in replacement for the code in the wiki, since it only exposes
the application if there's an active HttpSession. The code from the wiki on the
other hand always exposes the Application.
In the patch I proposed, I also always exposed the Application. Unfortunately,
my patch didn't properly handle exceptions (I should have put it all
into a try finally
block), I guess that's why Igor didn't use it, but chose to do a
different implementation.
I'm not sure why the Application isn't always exposed - I don't think
it should have
any side effects, since the Application is already shared between
multiple threads,
but I'm not aware of all wicket internals. Maybe Igor can shed some
light on this issue?

cheers,
Jonas

[1]