CSS are the way to do stuff, but usually IE smashes it somehow. My rule are
to develop for firefox, patch for IE. And so far it's worked very well.

However there are somethings that are really painfull todo with css. Like
round corners, this is where I came up with wicketstuff artwork two
integrations for js libs that helps making graphics like round corners.

regards