Yes, this is risky.  Why not add the appropriate onclick handler via JS on
the client side?  i.e., you could output javascript (jQuery in this example)
that says:

$('#myTableID tr').click(function() {
  // do whatever your onclick should do
});

That's just another option - not necessarily the best way either.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com