use setResponsePage() to go to the next page when everything is a-ok.
Wicket will instruct the browser to redirect to the new page (iirc).

Martijn

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Brian Laframboise
<brian.laframbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Edward. I was hoping for some means of doing this in a
> redirect-after-post kind of way so that the javascript response to the
> client actually caused the browser to request the next wizard page via a new
> url, creating a back-button history entry. I guess generating that URL for a
> non-bookmarkable page during an ajax form submission and causing the client
> to redirect is not doable.
>
> In my particular case,  I have a wizard step with a single radio group and
> no default option. Here I expect many users to simply click 'Next' and I was
> hoping to save them the full page submission just to display the error
> message. Unfortunately, here the "onblur" approach clearly won't work and I
> can't think of another event handler onto which I could attach it.
>
> However, it still sounds useful for my other form elements and I'll try it
> out there.
>
> Thanks again for the help.
>
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Edward Zarecor
> <wic...@indeterminate.org>wrote:
>
>> Since you are changing the DOM dynamically using Ajax, the browser --
>> correctly I would say -- isn't considering this a page change, so the
>> back button should take you back to the page prior to the wizard.
>>
>> The browser history will be immutable from JavaScript, so that's not an
>> option.
>>
>> To achieve the user experience you want, I think the best alternative
>> is to validate your fields via Ajax onblur, but move between wizard
>> steps using a form submit.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Ed.

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.4