>Is your servlet container listening directly to port 80?

Yes. It's pure tomcat - not behind Apache Webserver.

>If not, do the forwarding via a proxy on whatever you are using
>as a frontend.  In that frontend, have it rewrite the URLs (i.e.
>mod_proxy and mod_rewrite).
>
>Otherwise, can you have your app mounted on "/"?

I have quite a few non wicket servlets for things like commands and web
services and each, including wicket, have their own unique context so
that they can all operate peacefully together under.

If I mount the wicket app on "/" will that then pick up request for all
the other contexts or is there a way to mount wicket at "/" and still
have other contexts mapping to different servlets?

http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/BookmarkablePageLink-relative