Using the word 'context' was probably misleading on my part. In servlet
containers context=app. What I was talking about was the first 'path'
element after the domain name,

Eg., content in www.mysite.com/content

In this case I'm talking about a single app but I set up multiple
different URL patterns in the web.xml of that app to direct different
patterns to different filters/sevlets.

I have a virtual host and all the filters/servlets are under that
virtual host and all desployed via a single .war