Ernesto Reinaldo wrote

>2-jQuery D&D is also broken for IE after AJAX replacements (Stefan
>Lindner will surely confirm this). You can find this explained in
>others threads on this list and on jQuery forum. It seems the same
>issue has been reported over and over and they do not fix it:-(. I
>think Stefan has patched the jquery.js file to get it working for his
>jWicket project. This problem is present on WiQuery (as their jquery
>hasn't been patched: which IMHO is the right thing to do).

That's correct. The bug is fixed by a patch for jquery in jWicket. No problems
with broken AjaxBehaviors in IE. This point (D&D or other effects stop to work
after an Ajax update) is always worth a closer look if you decide to use any
javascript framework. I had the same problem with an early Wicket-Dojo package.
And I noticed similar problems with orther functioins than D&D in some
javasript frameworks. No one trys to re-invent the wheel. Many frameworks use
code fragments from other frameworks and general problems spread all over these
frameworks.

Stefan

I would use YUI or give it a try to [1] as:

1-scriptacoulous has the problem (for IE) mentioned on this thread
(disclaimer: I don't know if it has been fixed after this tread was
created and taht was long ago)/
2-jQuery D&D is also broken for IE after AJAX replacements (Stefan
Lindner will surely confirm this). You can find this explained in
others threads on this list and on jQuery forum. It seems the same
issue has been reported over and over and they do not fix it:-(. I
think Stefan has patched the jquery.js file to get it working for his
jWicket project. This problem is present on WiQuery (as their jquery
hasn't been patched: which IMHO is the right thing to do).
4- I haven't tried [1] but I remember seen a working demo of it.
5-I haven't tried DOJO.

As for YUI I had to do some tricks to get it working  (again for IE)
in combination with AYAX replacements (I used it for a grid whose
columns could be reordered via D&D).