Hi David,

The issue is [1]. I discovered it while I was working on [2]: a grid
component allowing to sort columns by dragging them. That feature
works fine in any other browser I have tested (FF, Chrome, Opera)
except  any version (I have tested) of IE. I was able to reproduce the
issue using Wicket AJAX replaceOuterHTML function but not with simple
DOM manipulations as they asked... With simple DOM manipulations I was
able to produce other errors:-( I was planing to try to reproduce it
using jquery's own AJAX but other more pressing matters made me set it
aside:-(. I think Stefan posted his fix on that thread ([1]) but they
didn't react...

Probably Stefan can further comment on the nature of the issue as it
seems he did a more thorough investigation while building his fix.

Best,

Ernesto