Hi Bernard,

We are using absolute URLs in one application (http://tipspot.com) that does not use the wicket ajax library, only javascript (based on jquery) written by the frontend developer. One of the things we do there is filling popups through ajax requests. As most of that information is completely stateless, we use a wicket page to produce the html fragments. The URL depth and path of the original page (containing the popup), and the page that is pasted into the popup, almost never matches. This is a problem for linking to other pages. I found it easy to make this problem go away by making all URLs absolute.

I did not look at RelativePathPrefixHandler as I was unaware of its existence. I am also not certain that any relative schema would be able to solve the problem cleanly/easily. Secondly having absolute paths is a non-issue for this application.

Regards,
    Erik.