On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 14:21:46 +0200
Martin Makundi <martin.maku...@koodaripalvelut.com> wrote:

Here we finally come to an actual argument about this:

> Panel is not reusable enough because it has its own markup. If I
> override its markup, it stops working.

Frank wrote in another message how to deal with this case. I agree with
him and add: If your new panel is so different from the old panel that
it requires a different internal hierarchy, it's no longer the same
component. Use standard OO techniques to deal with it. Also, think
about whether your component design (as in what parts form a component,
and what parts don't) is correct. Seems to me that in such a case too
many things have been thrown together that should not be together.

Carl-Eric
www.wicketbuch.de