Hi,

> an easy example is:

> wicket:id="last"/></td></tr>
>
> now the designer wants tds to have a css class based on some
> condition. you now have to add a webmarkupcontainer to represent the
> td and renest first and last labels into it. the container is there
> purely for the design aspect.

I have to change some Java code anyway, so why should I queue anything rather
than add() the components into the correct hierarchy right away?

> another usecase is introducing an arbitrary webmarkupcontainer just to
> have a div to repaint via ajax. it is hard to do this when refactoring
> a complex page because you have to find all the components that now
> need to be re-nested into the new container.

Is this a common example? Did anyone ever have to "just repaint a div via ajax"
without having to change much more Java code? What's complex about this page
thus it's difficult to re-parent some of its components?

IMHO valid use cases have not been provided yet.

My 2 cents

Sven