On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Martin Makundi <
martin.maku...@koodaripalvelut.com> wrote:

> > I took a look at it but it is quite a big changelist ...
> > I think our expert in the area - Juergen - have to take a look before
> > committing it.
> >
> > I also think such bigger new features should go in 1.5 only (disclaimer:
> > don't use 1.4 these days)
>
> It is not so big... but I am keen to hear Juergen's opinnion, however.
>
> When will 1.5 be out of RC phase?

As soon as we have enough confidence it is stable enough for the most users.
And this will happen as soon as you (the users start to upgrade and report
problems).

> I expect it to be another year until
> we have ported to 1.5. Or maybe if we hire some summermonkeys to do
> that for us ... anyways, I think 1.4 is quite viable still for
> existing applications so I believe it is worth the effor specifically
> for "major improvements" and bugfixes.

As you know we have limited resources and supporting more branches is hard
for us.
That's why I prefer to reduce the work on the older branch and keep our
focus and energy in the newer (and better).