....or if you are not using Spring...use Java Futures...

http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/Future.html

From:   lucast <lucastol...@hotmail.com>
To:     users@wicket.apache.org
Date:   04/25/2011 08:32 AM
Subject:        Continue navigating while on submit button process stuff
on the background

Dear Forum,
I have a simple tabbed view object page with a notify button that when the
user clicks on the button, it emails a long list of people with
information
about the concerning the object.

Some objects have a list of 100+ email addresses and clicking on submit
stops me from continuing visiting other tabbed pages until the email class
has finished sending all the emails (40 seconds afterwards).

How can implement the notify button so that it emails people on the
background AND allows me to continue navigating out of the current view
tabbed page into another page?

Thanks in advance,
Lucas

The button i'm implementing is simple: