Hi Alec,

are you sure you are testing your code in DEPLOYMENT mode and not in DEVELOPMENT mode?

To answer your question about benefits of using shared resources, I can say that they make sense when you need to access a resource (like a picture) with an absolute path instead of a relative one (which typically is "./resource/package.of.class/pictureName.png" ).

Hello,

I would like to get my Javascript files filtered and gzipped. I added
the following code in my Application#init():
resourceSettings.setJavascriptCompressor(new DefaultJavascriptCompressor());

However, when I add a resource using the following code, I can still
see comments and white spaces in the Javascript files loaded by the
web pages:
final JavascriptResourceReference resourceRef = new
JavascriptResourceReference(scope, "/common.js");
component.add(JavascriptPackageResource.getHeaderContribution(resourceRef));

What am I doing wrong?

Also, I am struggling to understand the benefits of using shared
resources, e.g. when does it make sense to create a shared resource
for a Javascript file?

Thanks,

Alec