Hi,

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 9:50 PM, Alec Swan <alecs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Andrea. I was running in DEVELOPMENT mode and switching to
> DEPLOYMENT mode fixed the problem. I hope this gets documented
> somewhere.

You are doing something wrong. MyApp#init() is called after
WebApplication#internalInit() so your settings should override the
defaults.

> Martin, are you saying that page rendering will not block waiting for
> the static resource to render while it will block on a component
> resource to render? Maybe I need to learn more about page locking in
> Wicket ...
Yes. The page renders an URL to the shared resource, i.e. a String.
Later the browser makes a request to this URL and this request doesn't
go to any page, so there is no locking.
Be careful to do what is needed to make the resource thread-safe.
Making it stateless is the recommended practice.