Hi Sven,
I'm slowly moving forward and now loading a 2-levels checked selectable tree
within a panel hosted by tabbed page and so on.
The only significant changes I did are related to the model and the data
providing but a question:

why do I get the branches (second level) lost the second time I enter the
tab contaning the tree
when loading the tree itself into a 'formComponentPanel'?

The same thing doesn't happen using a simple 'Panel' instead of a
'formComponentPanel', do you have already experimented something like this?

best
Massimo