Hi,
now that all is looking fine I'm observing a strange behaviuor.
The same method, to 'check/uncheck' all from a button,

public void modifyAllCheckBoxes(final boolean select) {
        visitChildren(CheckBox.class, new IVisitor<Component>() {
            @Override
            public Object component(Component component) {
                CheckBox checkBox=(CheckBox)component;
                checkBox.setModelObject(select);
                return IVisitor.CONTINUE_TRAVERSAL;
            }
        });
     }

seems not working when all are collapsed and if I want unselect all (the
select works).
        1.      Collapsing all and selecting all works
        2.      nodes into a branch can be unselected with the button only
after having
expanded and collapsed it

        page is opened with the tree state = expanded by default

        best
        Massimo