I had a discussion about this with martin dashorst when we meet this
year at a conference. Apparently, he does like the idea of a SO like
Q&A site for wicket. But wicket being an Apache project, there are
certain requirement if i recall our discussion correctly.

One of the problems is the hosting of such a side. The mailing list,
bugtracker, wicki,... are all hosted and maintained by the apache
admins. Getting a new tool into there is not easy. One could host a
solution outside of apache, but this opens questions about long term
support of the infrastructure, privacy issues and so forth.

There are a few opensource implementations available:

http://gitorious.org/shapado (used by debian at http://ask.debian.net/)
http://www.osqa.net/

I do like the SO style (never been a fan of mailing lists), but on the
other side registering here is not much of a hassle.

My 2 cent
Bert