Why this business about component nesting keeps coming up is really beyond
me. If you're running into non-trivial problems with keeping component
nesting in sync, you really need to stop what you're doing and back up a
step or two because you're definitely looking through the wrong end of the
Wicket telescope. If you've got some giant page or panel or form with piles
of nested anonymous classes defining a multi-level hierarchy, you're pretty
much headed off into the woods.

To tap Wicket's OO power you MUST start getting into the habit of breaking
things up into appropriate conceptual pieces. Either break them up into
reusable panels and/or break them up using these crazy things we have in
Java called "packages", "classes" and "methods".

If I had to paraphrase my book on software design in a sentence, I'd say
this: "if you break the problem down right, it will solve itself". Java and
Wicket provide more than enough to break your problem down into simple
pieces so the solution just falls out, without huge complexity all in one
place.

The real work of software design is all about beating complexity and it has
little to do with the pros and cons of any specific technology. It's ALL
ABOUT how you conceptualize and then divide and conquer your problem. The
rest is a bunch of boring mechanics.