Hi Martin,

COOKIES
-------
I'm fine for this. My cookie code actually works. (But if the user's browser
disables cookies, then I want to use HTTP headers to be able to say "The
user is on his/her second page, and still no cookie, so cookies are
definitely disabled (I cannot tell this on the first page).")

HTTP HEADERS
------------
Many thanks for your tip about FireBug! Grand. (I had never thought about
that.)

All my web pages are descended from my PageBase class, which in turn
descends from Wicket's WebPage. I set my HTTP header in code in my PageBase
constructor using

  org.​apache.​wicket.​request.​http.WebResponse.addHeader(...);

In the first call to the app (which shows the home page), I can see this
header in the response headers using FireBug under "GET PageHome?0". Sadly,
I cannot detect this in my PageBase constructor using

  import org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle;
  import org.apache.wicket.request.http.WebRequest;

  RequestCycle rcRequestCycle = getRequestCycle();
  WebRequest wreqRequest = (WebRequest)rcRequestCycle.getRequest();
  String sHeaderValue = wreqRequest.getHeader("X-MyApp-NotFirstPageBase-1");

since I get sHeaderValue to be null. Also, I cannot see this header in the
request headers using FireBug.

After clicking the link on my home page to the "About us" page, I can see
this header in the response headers using FireBug under "GET PageAbout?1",
but nowhere else (including request headers even though I believe that I add
this to each web request unconditionally).

If I add

  org.​apache.​wicket.​request.​http.WebResponse.addHeader(...);

to my PageHome's form's onSubmit() method, then after form submission I do
see this header, but in the response only in

  POST page?1-1.IFormSubmitListener-frmForm

of

  http://localhost:8080/wicket/page?1-1.IFormSubmitListener-frmForm

(I am running locally).

Am I looking in the wrong place in my code (and thus in the request cycle)
to find my header in a request?

Martin Grigorov-4 wrote