Take a look at https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/working-with-wicket-models.html

Okay so Account is the type of the model object and your FormComponentPanel
seem to work off a CustomerAccountCodeModel:
>> CustomerAccountCodeModel ccc = getModelObject();

If I'm understanding this right, what does your CustomerAccountCodeModel's
getObject() and setObject() do?

I would switch to a CompundPropertyModel and I would leave the models null for
the form fields. This way you won't need any your own implementation of
onModelChange().

~ Thank you,
    Paul Bors