Trying to:

/// StatelessAbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior ///

@Override
    public CharSequence getCallbackUrl(final boolean onlyTargetActivePage)
    {
final CharSequence url = super.getCallbackUrl(onlyTargetActivePage);
        final PageParameters params = getPageParameters();
// NOTE: quick hack to remove old and obsolete "random" parameter from request (see wicket-ajax.js)
        if (params!=null && params.containsKey("random"))
            params.remove("random");
        return StatelessEncoder.appendParameters(url, params);
    }
>> StatelessEncoder appends params to WebRequestEncoder

stateless hint -> true

In the StatelessAjaxLazyLoadPanel I'm using this Behavior instead of the usual AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior

/// My Page ///

onInitialize()
{
    add( new StatelessAjaxLazyLoadPanel("myContent")
        {

            public Component getLazyLoadComponent( String markupId )
            {
                return new MyContentPanel( markupId );

            public PageParameters getPageParameters()
            {
                return pageParameters;
            }
        } );
}

/// MyContentPanel ///

Form form = new Form("myForm");
form.add( new DropDownChoice<Enum>("enumChoice"));
add(form);

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Component is not a container and so does not contain the path myForm:enumChoice:
[Component id = content]
    at org.apache.wicket.Component.get(Component.java:4500)
    at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.get(MarkupContainer.java:354)
    at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.get(MarkupContainer.java:354)
    at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.get(MarkupContainer.java:354)
    at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.get(MarkupContainer.java:354)
    at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.get(MarkupContainer.java:354)
    at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.get(MarkupContainer.java:354)

Would that be sufficient?

Thanks,
Karsten