Okay, so you are saying I need to create my own versions of each of those
private variables referenced in renderHead, and override any methods that
use any of them, to reference my own, is that right?  Unfortunately, it
still has maintenance implications, but I guess that might just be
inevitable given what I want to do.

Thanks for the help!

Francois Meillet wrote