I bet we are getting to the source of the problem.

Non light-weight columns like yours, create the components just once when
the grid is first rendered. So the model instances you pass when you create
the Component will remain the same even if you update the grid.

I believe non-lightweight columns where designed as a means to create
editable rows and shouldn't be used otherwise.

I don't think you really need to use a component for what you are trying to
accomplish.
Maybe you should override "public IRenderable<I> newCell(IModel<I>
rowModel)" instead and write whatever markup you need directly to the
response.

Hope it helps
--
Marc Nuri