You should start debugging your project instead of using "print" to see
what is really happening (call stack, variable values...).

PropertyColumn always calls the get method of your model object:
<code>
@Override
public IRenderable<I> newCell(IModel<I> rowModel)
{
return new IRenderable<I>()
{
public void render(IModel<I> rowModel, Response response)
{
CharSequence value = getValue(rowModel);
if (value != null)
{
response.write(value);
};
}

private CharSequence getValue(IModel<I> rowModel)
{
I rowObject = getModelObject(rowModel);
P property = null;
if (rowObject != null)
{
try
{
property = getProperty(rowObject, getPropertyExpression());
}
catch (NullPointerException e)
{

CharSequence string = convertToString(property);
if (isEscapeMarkup() && string != null)
{
string = Strings.escapeMarkup(string.toString());
}
return string;
}
</code>