I've looked at Angular a while back and it certainly looks interesting.

However I don't think it's wise to introduce another technology within the
current company where I'm migrating a rather large CGI-BIN application to a
Wicket variant and into several modules.
I'm the main JAVA/Wicket guy now, the others are mainly C++ developers with
some JAVA knowledge and growing in that knowledge as more and more parts are
converted into Wicket counterparts.
So they already have to get known with:
Hibernate, parts of Spring, Wicket, Maven and HTML, CSS & JS.

Sooo for now.. I'm sticking with Wicket only.
And with the zoomed out version and restricting the date range, ergo reducing
the amount of components.., that fixes things.

The future will give me plenty of time make things even fancier. Perhaps even
the use of Angular.