Then you're doing something odd :-)

If you have dependencies like this:

CustomComponent --> Custom JS Reference (and this is added in the public
void renderHead( Component component, IHeaderResponse response ) method)
--> Wicket's JQuery JS Reference

Page A (no Ajax components or components depending on Wicket's jquery ref)
Page B --> CustomComponent  (Page B being a copy of Page with a single
instance of your CustomComponent)

When you load Page A, the JS will not be loaded.
When you load Page B, both the Wicket JS and the custom JS will be added to
the page.

If you are seeing Jquery being loaded in Page A then some component on that
page requires the Wicket JS libraries and is causing it to be added.