Hi -- I've inherited a wicket site that was first developed four years ago.
It is running on version 1.4 and I've been asked to estimate an upgrade to
a more current version, and I was hoping to get some advice from this list
about gotchas and so on.

I've been working on the site for several months but consider myself a
newcomer to Wicket. That is, I haven't done a deep dive into learning the
framework yet. I've been updating things based on what I find in the
existing code base. So please forgive me my newbieness and let me know what
details would be helpful.

Furthermore, I'm a newcomer to Java web frameworks in general. There is
Spring and Hibernate involved with this thing, which I've also been able to
update based on the existing state of affairs. The backend is an Oracle
database.

Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Scott