On another angle, suppose you're looking at also upgrading Hibernate and
other supporting libraries/frameworks. Would you recommend starting with
any particular component?

It seems to me that starting with Wicket might be a good idea, since it
would hopefully be backwards compatible with other libraries, and have
updates to support newer versions of those supporting libraries?

Thanks,

Scott