I just tried it out by building 7.x, copying over just the
wicket-native-websocket-javax
artifact, modded the pom to depend on the 6.14 parent, and it pretty much
worked as expected (using jdk7 + wildfly 8)

WebSocketBehavior seems to be missing code to handle WebSocketPushPayload,
both in 6.x and 7.x, so I had to override onEvent() instead of a more
regular onPush method or something.

Finally, I was wondering if it's not possible to support sessionscope
somehow.  I know the docs said it doesn't work, but it seems logical to me
that a message to a page, whether it comes from the client itself or pushed
from a server-side event, should run in the client's session scope.
 Certainly, it should not matter to the server whether a req from a client
comes in one way of the other.  Has anyone looked into it and deemed it
impossible or just not worth the bother?

Regards,
Henrik